Sunday, May 24, 2015

Dream Vacation...Talloires France....The French Alps

It is a beautiful day here in NC.  The sun is shinning, the humidity low and I am sitting on my back porch working on my book and dreaming of travel.  If I could hop on a plane right now where would I go?   I think I would go to the French Alps.  Why?  I would love to see the Alps,  I have never been to Europe, and since money is no object on my dream vacations I decided to pretend to go:-) (All photos are found online on tourism sites or pinterest)
So I am headed Talloires France.  Here is what I learned on a travel site called Talloires tourism & sightseeing....
"Talloires is a beautiful village on the shores of Lake Annecy.  Lake Annecy is a stunning lake surrounded by mountains and its edges are dotted with attractive villages the best of which is Talloires."









I am going to pretend to leave in July and stay for 7 nights.  Lets check out the flights.  Flights start at around $1500 - $2000.  Just the flight!!!  Oh thats right money is no object:-)


For my hotel I have selected Auberge Du Pere Bise.  Here is a note from their site...
"Welcome to our hundred-year-old inn very well-located between the Annecy Lake and French Alps"














(Not sure what this is but it looks interesting:-) 
(Not sure what this is either but I somehow know I would like it:-)
Activities I found listed on the travel site
 "..water based sports including: stand up paddling (this has come from Hawaii and is becoming quite popular in France), waterskiing and wakeboarding, diving (Lake Annecy is one of the cleanest lakes in Europe and so visibility is excellent) and  Talloires has a beach with a life-guard if you fancy a swim.You can also go canyoning or paragliding in the area around Talloires." Something else that may be fun....canyoning or paragliding.
While I am in the area I will visit The Castle of Menthon Saint Bernard.  I have always been intrigued by castles. 

I better go get packed.
Happy Travels Everyone, be they real or pretend.
KathieyV:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment